About the CBA
THE VOICE OF CANADA’S LEGAL COMMUNITY
The CCCA is a Forum of the Canadian Bar Association (CBA). An essential ally and advocate for our members, the CBA promotes fair justice systems, facilitates effective law reform, upholds equality in the legal profession and is devoted to eliminating discrimination. It is also the premiere provider of quality legal training and information.
Together we represent some 36,000 lawyers, judges, notaries, law teachers and law students from across Canada.
We actively engage with the Canadian legal community in matters of common interest and mutual benefit. We partner with leading thinkers and innovators within the legal profession, and we disseminate knowledge about global and national trends affecting your work. We are dedicated to supporting the rule of law and improving the administration of justice in Canada. In short, we are the voice of Canada’s legal community.
We are organized into nine core areas of activity and professional experience:
- Legal and Governmental Affairs
- Professional Development
- National Sections and Forums, involved in the vast majority of the association’s legislation and law reform, as well as PD initiatives
- Canadian Corporate Counsel Association
- Strategic Initiatives
- Communications and Publications
- Member Services and Marketing
- Personal and Professional Services (to members, branches, affiliated companies)
- Corporate Affairs, Administration and Information Technology