Business Leadership Program for In-House Counsel
Grow your influence and earning potential! Register for the Business Leadership Program for In-House Counsel, offered by the CCCA in conjunction with Rotman School of Management – the only program of its kind in Canada.
Why Become Certified?
If you’ve ever considered becoming a Certified In-House Counsel – Canada (CIC.C), there’s never been a better time to enrol in the Program:
- First, there continues to be high demand for talent with both business and legal skills. Since the 2021, 60% of in-house counsel have taken on additional responsibilities in the areas of compliance, diversity, ESG and operational support. You need proven practices and guidance to show you can drive results.
- Second, there are more opportunities in every sector. Almost half of in-house counsel report that the size of their legal department has increased over the past two years, especially at the senior level. This program will give you a competitive edge: over 40% of graduates have been promoted since taking the program.
- Third, this upcoming cohort will be the perfect mix of online and in-person. The first and third modules will be in person, with the second module online. That means less time investment and lower travel costs for you while you build a strong community of peers, experts and mentors.
Higher demand, ample opportunities, lower investment. It really is a golden opportunity.
The next cohort begins in September 2024. We accept applications on a rolling basis, until the cohort is full. The early-bird deadline is in effect until to March 1, 2024, and the final deadline for applications is August 16, 2024.
Need help making the business case to your employer? Download this document.
See Who Should Apply? and Program & Designation Eligibility for more information.
What You Can Expect
This 10-month program consists of live online sessions taught by Rotman School of Management faculty at the University of Toronto, combined with a self-paced online component. Guided by expert professors and executives-in-residence, you will learn how to:
- Contribute to your organization’s strategic planning and success
- Understand business financial statements and the bottom-line impact of executive decisions
- Enhance your legal advice with strategic business insight
- Position yourself as a meaningful member of the senior team
See the Program Curriculum for more information.
|Early-Bird (through March 1, 2024)
|Full Rate (as of March 2, 2024)
Payment is due in full upon enrolment.
In certain cases, payment plans may be permitted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Scholarship & Funding
All applicants may be eligible for a Canada Job Grant or OSAP Funding for Micro-Credentials. We encourage you to begin the application process as soon as possible.
In addition, we offer the Scholarship for Black and Indigenous In-House Counsel each cohort. The scholarship application period is open for the next cohort. Applications are due by 8pm (ET) on March 31, 2024.
See Scholarship & Funding for more information.
How to Apply
To apply, download and complete the application form. Please return your completed application to email@example.com, until August 16, 2024, at latest.
See Next Cohort: Important Dates for more information.
To find out more about the program or application process, please contact Pam Gosewich at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also connect you with a recent graduate to chat!