Business Leadership Program for In-House Counsel
Grow your influence and earning potential! Register for the Business Leadership Program for In-House Counsel, offered by the CCCA in conjunction with Rotman School of Management – the only program of its kind in Canada.
Why Become Certified?
If you’ve considered becoming a Certified In-House Counsel – Canada (CIC.C), there’s never been a better time to enrol in the Program:
- First, there continues to be high demand for talent with both business and legal skills. Since the 2021, 60% of in-house counsel have taken on additional responsibilities in the areas of compliance, diversity, ESG and operational support. You need proven practices and guidance to show you can drive results.
- Second, there are more opportunities in every sector. Almost half of in-house counsel report that the size of their legal department has increased over the past two years, especially at the senior level. You need to build your leadership skills and executive presence to get promoted.
- Third, this upcoming cohort will be the perfect mix of online and in-person. The first two modules will be virtual and the third module will be in-person. That means less time investment and lower travel costs for you while you build a strong community of peers, experts and mentors.
Higher demand, ample opportunities, lower investment. It really is a golden opportunity.
Save money by applying early! The next cohort begins in January 2023 and the early-bird fee is $9,900 until September 30, 2022.
See Who Should Apply? and Program & Designation Eligibility for more information.
What You Can Expect
This 10-month program consists of live online sessions taught by Rotman School of Management faculty at the University of Toronto, combined with a self-paced online component. Guided by expert professors and executives-in-residence, you will learn how to:
- Contribute to your organization’s strategic planning and success
- Understand business financial statements and the bottom-line impact of executive decisions
- Enhance your legal advice with strategic business insight
- Position yourself as a meaningful member of the senior team
See the Program Curriculum and FAQs on Online Delivery for more information.
Save money by applying early! The next cohort begins in January 2023 and the early-bird fee is $9,900 (plus applicable taxes) until September 30, 2022. The fee is $10,900 (plus applicable taxes) as of October 1, 2022.
Payment is due in full upon enrolment.
Scholarships & Grants
Two scholarships are offered each cohort. You may also be eligible for a Canada Job Grant. See Scholarships & Grants for more information.
We highly recommend beginning the application process for the Canada Job Grant as soon as possible.
How to Apply
We're now accepting applications to start early 2023. Offers of admission are made on a rolling basis, and the cohort may fill at any time.
To apply, download and complete the application form. Please return your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Next Cohort: Important Dates for more information.
To find out more about the program or application process, please contact Pam Gosewich at email@example.com. We can also connect you with a recent graduate to chat!