About the Conference
This past year has been a turning point. The challenges we faced have forced us to innovate in ways that have enhanced our contributions and our value. Join your in-house colleagues at the CCCA National Conference, Silver Linings: Turning Adversity into Advantage, on April 22, 2021, for a day of connection, reflection and action as we continue the momentum of learning and advancing.
Our National Conference is the largest annual gathering of Canadian in-house counsel, more than half of whom are at the General Counsel level or higher. This year’s event will be more accessible than ever before, as the networking opportunities, thought-provoking speakers and accredited professional development go virtual.
But this will not be just another webinar! Here are some of the many opportunities to connect:
- Come to the morning café to get oriented and chat over coffee as the CBA Business Law Section joins the CCCA audience for a speed networking event.
- Be prepared for future challenges and opportunities with opening keynote Stephen Poloz, Special Advisor to Osler and former Governor of the Bank of Canada, who will be sharing his insights on the economic recovery unfolding, the state of Canadian markets and the structures needed in the post-pandemic world in his presentation, “Adversity to Advantage: Navigating Canada's Economic Future.”
- Connect with other attendees via instant chat and video meetings and in the virtual lounge throughout the day.
- Gain points for participating and interacting for your chance to win over $1000 worth of gift cards.
- Visit virtual exhibits to learn about the latest services, enjoy demos and for more chances to win.
- Download and further explore hot topics and conference content via discussion boards and a real-time social media wall.
- Feel refreshed after short stretch and movement classes led by Natalya from The Pilates Body Workout at every break.
- Attend the plenary panel, “Back to Work Does Not Mean Back to Normal,” where Radha Curpen, Vancouver Managing Partner at Bennett Jones; Kristin Taylor, Deputy Managing Partner at Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP; Justine Laurier, Partner at BLG LLP and Kevin MacNeill, Partner at Norton Rose Fulbright will discuss passion, politics, vaccines and other issues in the post-pandemic workplace.
- Wrap up the day with the Happy (Half) Hour, where chefs, restauranteurs and TV hosts The Rubino Brothers will walk you through an elegant appetizer and cocktail demo, followed by casual networking at virtual roundtables. Every participant will receive a gift!
Until we can meet in person again let’s gather from wherever you now call your office and connect in the chat rooms, via the conference app and during our many networking events to share experiences and advice as we navigate this new normal. Plus, get all your continuing professional development hours for the year in this one event for one low price, as all conference sessions will be recorded.