A VOICE IN-HOUSE
We are the leaders and voice for in-house counsel in Canada.
Our members are lawyers working for public and private companies, non-profits, associations, government and regulatory boards, Crown corporations, municipalities, hospitals, post-secondary institutions and school boards.
We also welcome associate members from law firms whose support and expertise enrich our educational programs and events.
Not a member? Join now.
There are two categories of membership in the CCCA:
Regular members – In-house counsel who:
- are active members of the CBA;
- do not hold out themselves to the public for the practice of law;
- are engaged by any corporation, business enterprise, association, institution, notfor-profit organization, government or regulatory board or agency, Crown corporation or regional or municipal corporation; or
- are currently unemployed but have in the preceding 12 months been employed by a corporation, business enterprise, association institution, not-for-profit organization, government or regulatory board or agency, Crown corporation or regional or municipal corporation.
Only Regular members may vote at member meetings and elect the Executive Committee.
Associate members – Members of the CBA who are not eligible to be a Regular Member of the CCCA are
eligible to be Associate members of the CCCA.
- Application for membership in the CCCA shall be in such form and manner as prescribed by the CBA.
Through their expertise and support, associate members play a welcome and necessary role in the CCCA.
Our Association represents over 5000 in-house counsel from across Canada.