Mission & Vision
INFLUENCE. LEADERSHIP. PROTECTION.
We have been dedicated to developing the professional skills and enabling the career growth of our diverse membership since 1988.
- to inform, connect and be the voice of the nation’s in-house counsel
- to be the primary source of advice, knowledge and information that our members need in order to maximize their value to their respective organizations
- to create opportunities for our members to share ideas and forge important domestic and global relationships
- to work with other Sections, Forums and Committees of the Canadian Bar Association on matters of mutual concern;
- to liaise with in-house counsel organizations in other jurisdictions; and
- to promote CCCA and CBA membership.
In an increasingly global environment, the CCCA creates opportunities for Canadian in-house counsel to maximize personal and professional growth and become leaders in their organizations and communities.
To achieve our mission, we focus our resources on the following six strategic objectives:
- Community: The CCCA engages all in-house counsel to come together in a climate of fellowship and mutual support by creating opportunities for members to network and share accomplishments, experiences and knowledge.
- Professional excellence: The CCCA enables members to enhance their skills and capabilities as in-house counsel by providing value-added resources, services and knowledge.
- Career development: The CCCA supports members’ career growth by facilitating their access to career development pathways, information and support.
- Advancing the practice: The CCCA promotes a positive perception of in-house counsel’s contribution by leveraging appropriate information-sharing opportunities within industry, government bodies and professional associations.
- Supporting our sections: The CCCA fosters our sections' growth by encouraging their development, supporting local activities. and providing opportunities for co-operation at the regional and national levels.