Protecting Lawyer-Client Privilege Within and Across Borders: What In-House Counsel Need to Know
(Sponsored by Fasken)
In-house counsel must take great care to maintain privilege over communications within client organizations and with external counsel. In addition to keeping current on privilege for communications in Canada, in-house counsel must be very conscious of the increasing danger of criminal and quasi-criminal action across borders and the threat of corporate searches and raids. All of this makes the protection of privilege essential. The law continues to evolve. Recent European decisions provide cause for in-house counsel to carefully consider their practices. This panel will explore the latest jurisprudence and discuss the best ways to protect lawyer-client communications.
- Steven Rosenhek, Partner, Fasken
- Mark Pontin, Partner, Fasken
- Judy Naiberg, Vice-President, Legal, Rogers Communications
- Anthony Ruffolo, Senior Manager & General Counsel, Honda Canada Inc.
When & Where:
- Tuesday, April 9 – 10:45 AM to 12:15 PM ET
- Room: TBD