A VOICE IN-HOUSE
We are the leaders and voice for in-house counsel in Canada.
Our members are lawyers working for public and private companies, non-profits, associations, government and regulatory boards, Crown corporations, municipalities, hospitals, post-secondary institutions and school boards.
We also welcome associate members from law firms whose support and expertise enrich our educational programs and events.
There are two categories of membership in the CCCA:
Regular members – In-house counsel who:
- are active members of the CBA;
- do not hold out themselves to the public for the practice of law;
- are engaged by any corporation, business enterprise, association, institution, notfor-profit organization, government or regulatory board or agency, Crown corporation or regional or municipal corporation; or
- are currently unemployed but have in the preceding 12 months been employed by a corporation, business enterprise, association institution, not-for-profit organization, government or regulatory board or agency, Crown corporation or regional or municipal corporation.
Only Regular members may vote at member meetings and elect the Executive Committee.
Associate members – Members of the CBA who are not eligible to be a Regular Member of the CCCA are
eligible to be Associate members of the CCCA.
- Application for membership in the CCCA shall be in such form and manner as prescribed by the CBA.
Through their expertise and support, associate members play a welcome and necessary role in the CCCA.
Our Association represents over 4,600 in-house counsel from across Canada.